Welcome to iQuiz.ie!
- If you have any questions about your personal information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of the Website and Online Content
Collection of Information
- When you access the Website via any means, use the Online Content, or other material, respond to or participate in any survey or questionnaire sent to you by us, provide comments or feedback, we may collect, store and use certain of your personal information in line with this policy. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website or the Online Content.
- To register on the Website, we ask for your name and email address. As part of your Teacher/Learner profile. We may also ask you about your qualifications in order to understand more about you (responding to these questions will always be optional, however). We will also store the results of your assessments relating to Online Content.
- We may also collect data relating to your visits to the Website that cannot identify you but records your use of our Website and Online Content including, for example, details of how long you have used the Website and the Online Content for.
- We may also collect your computer’s IP address in order to help us tailor the service to your location.
- If you elect to verify your identity through our Website, our identity verification partner will receive directly from you, process and store your personal information and identity documentation for this purpose. Our identity verification partner may store your information for the sole purpose of resolving user support issues.
Use of Your Information
- By accessing the Website via any means, using the Online Content, registering or posting notes, assignments or other material, providing comments via the feedback tab, you agree that your personal information may not be collected, stored, used and shared by us and any partners, course and content providers, or third parties we work with.
- We may use your email address to send you course notices and updates about our services.
Storage of Information
- All information is stored on our secure servers. When you register, you will be given a password which enables you to access the Online Content. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone. You may change this password at login by selecting the Lost password? link.
- In addition, we may also store or process information that we collect about you in countries outside the European Economic Area. Specifically, servers used by our Website have put in place technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss or unauthorised access of your personal information. However, whilst we have used our best efforts to ensure the security of your data, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
- Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
- However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we have your consent to do so, (ii) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
- If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your information).
- Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We will not disclose your personal information to third parties.
- We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- You have the following data protection rights:
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting iQuiz” heading below.
- You may email us at email@example.com in order to access, correct, delete or update your personal information on our systems. We will answer every email as promptly as possible.
- If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, you may contact us using the information provided in the paragraph above.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
- The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
- We strongly believe in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Website is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please get permission of your teacher and a parent to use or access the Website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any personal information of persons less than 13 years of age who have not got their school approval.
We put the onus on participating teachers and schools to ensure that no person under the age of 13 years is enrolled.
Links to Third Party Websites
- When clicking on a link within a course step or in a course email, you will be taken to a third party website, the use of which has been arranged by and is the responsibility of the course providing organisation.
- The course providing organisation will only use your personal information for the purpose stated in the course and in accordance with the terms of the third party website.
- Whether you follow a link in a course and submit your personal information or not, your course progress will in no way be affected. Nor will your course marks or iQuiz profile.
Data Protection Officer, Science Education Resources
This page was last updated on 24 May 2019.